Friday 28 September 2012

GamesReport 23-Sep-12: Memoir '44

"Beaches Sir? Will I need a bikini?"
We were taking it easy in the KoffeeKlub last Sunday evening, rolling out a few scenarios of the very light Memoir '44.

GaryB and Michael hadn't played before so I ran through the rules quickly and got them started on one of the beach scenarios "First Assault Wave" (Omaha Beach) from June 6th, 1944.

"First Assault Wave" (bottom) and "Suomussalmi" (top)
They picked it up quickly and the beaches were soon under pressure from the waves of Allied troops and armour. In the end though the Germans won by 6 medals to 4, leaving Mr Bingers more Pvt Benjamin than Cpt Miller!

A second reversed scenario was played, but I'm not certain as to who won that one... I was too busy fighting off the Finnish ski troops in one of the winter scenarios "Suomussalmi" vs. Chris.

As I said a lighter evening than we've been use to recently. Memoir is fun if you're looking to relax a little, but I can't wait to get back to some meatier wargames.

1 comment:

  1. Great light action game. I really enjoyed the gameplay though it is very luck driven rather than tactical nous. I won the second game as the German's if I recall righty 6-3. I believe we played the rules slightly wrong inthe first game but I don't think it would have changed the result. Thanks for the games Michael.

    ReplyDelete